We've moved the chains over to College Basketball, you should to as College Football is coming to an end here soon (Big Wahl's Big 6 will continue, of course). I'll be picking 3 games, twice a week that I think are key to bet on from a Vegas standpoint. These are 3 games below that I think will make Vegas pay like they did on the NFL this weekend. More to Come with Wahl's Ball Picks.
Go over to MyBookie today and they will match your first deposit to start College Basketball season with the promo code 12OZNATE, get rich this college basketball season while sitting on your couch taking in the action!
#8 North Carolina at Wofford College
My Spread is On: UNC -10
- UNC is returning 5 of their 7 top scorers from last year, including Luke Maye who had an outstanding year last year. That's quite a hand compared to Wofford.
- UNC is still one of the top rebounding teams in the country and has lots of size compared to Wofford who was outside the Top 225 last year in rebounding.
- Wofford gets just about under 33% of their points from Fletcher McGee, double team him, don't give him good looks and you got the spread covered easily.
BYU at #7 Nevada
My Spread is On: Nevada -14
- Top 3 scorers from last year (Jordan Caroline, Caleb Martin and Cody Martin) are returning. Besides Loyola-Chicago, this time in my opinion was a 2nd Cinderella in last years tournament. Plus adding Trey Porter (ODU transfer) will be an asset to an already stellar offense
- Nevada knows how to score and score quickly. They were a Top 20 in scoring last year, compared to BYU who was just inside the Top 130.
- BYU from deep? Not a chance, a team that was ranked 156th in College Hoops last year from behind the arc.
#2 Kentucky vs. #4 Duke
My Money Line is On: Duke +110
- Calipari is coming off a season where their defense was 93rd in the country on scoring defense. I know Cal gets these guys to the NBA quick where no defense is played (especially this year) but that may play a factor when they have to guard 5 Star McDonald's All American, Zion Williamson.
- How will Reid Travis transition in his first big time basketball game of his career? The Minnesota native had great success at Stanford, but how will it transition to playing at Kentucky. I'm not sure if he can adjust going up against Zion, who has quite the size advantage inside.
- Duke has three of the best Freshman guard combos in Tre Jones, RJ Barrett, and Cam Reddish I've seen in a while. Can Tyler Herro matchup with these guys? We know he can shoot the lights out of the gym, but athletically can he cut the cheese for the Wildcats? Advantage Duke in my mind.
Let's go 3-0 tonight ladies and gents as we celebrate the start of College Basketball season!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Follow me on Social Media!
Twitter: @thebrickwahl87 and @DTPROCESS1 (12 Oz Sports Page)