Lamar Jackson all but locked up MVP in a Ravens win. Seahawks and Saints dominated while San Francisco got beat at the horn by… Atlanta? It’s time to make sense of week 15 in my NFL Power Rankings.
1. BALTIMORE RAVENS Did you expect anything different? I’ll be shocked at this point if the Ravens aren’t representing the AFC in the big game. Lamar Jackson broke Mike Vick’s rushing record while throwing 5 touchdowns. That’s insane, man. Oh yeah, the defense is good, too.
2. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (+1) I’ve been high on this team for weeks now. After seeing Drew Brees not only pass Peyton Manning for career pass touchdowns but also break the single game completion percentage mark, it’s clear he is not taking a step back unlike another 40ish year old QB we know.
3. GREEN BAY PACKERS (+3) Aaron Rodgers and the Packers beat the division rival Bears, who had been hot. The crazy part about Green Bay’s dominance is the consistency of RB Aaron Jones. My concern here is the consistency of the team in the post season.
4. MINNESOTA VIKINGS I want to put these guys higher, but Dalvin Cook suffered another injury, so his durability is an issue once again. Adam Thielen has been back, but not to his full potential. Minnesota is still very dangerous.
5. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (-3) I’m telling you what, man. A home upset was ugly. It was hideous, to be exact. The only silver lining? One could argue Falcons coach Dan Quinn MAY have had the number of his former assistant Kyle Shanahan. Who knows? Just don’t let it happen again.
6. BUFFALO BILLS (+1) The defense is legitimate. Devin Singletary and Frank Gore are monsters. Josh Allen… is still underwhelming. This team will go as far as the QB takes them. We’ll find about them vs New England.
7. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (+1) Watch out, folks. Patrick Mahomes has a defense. Coordinator for the defense Steve Spagnuolo is getting his team ready for contention. It’s happening subtly, but I believe these are the guys that could beat Baltimore.
8. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (-3) Josh Gordon just got suspended (again). I know Seattle won, but that loss to Los Angeles is still scaring me. I’m not sure if Seattle would beat San Francisco in a rematch. Seahawks go as far as Russell Wilson goes.
9. HOUSTON TEXANS (NR) I was shocked. The New England victory was nice, but LORD! I don’t know many people that saw Houston knocking out Tennessee who had magically found the good side of Ryan Tannehill. We’ll see how strong Bill O’Brien’s team finishes.
10. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (-1) If the NFL isn’t scared, the Patriots would have to vacate their rings. The whole dynasty is a SCAM. I digress. Patriots barely led the Bengals at half. Then, Cincinnati woke back up and realized they were still tanking.
TUNE IN to Mike Said It First on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00AM EST right here on 12oz Sports Radio Network!
EVERY TUESDAY is a new #MikeRank 1-10 on the show then 1-32 right here on the website!
WANNA GET TICKETS? SeatGiant is your place! Remember to enter promo code ‘12ozsports‘ for a discount at check out!
DEBATE ME on Twitter @Michael12oz
HAVE A GOOD ONEEE…