The Baltimore Ravens edged the San Francisco 49ers while Seattle topped Minnesota. Who is the best team? Glad you asked because here is the week 14 NFL Power Rankings according to Mike Said It First...
1. BALTIMORE RAVENS Week in and week out, Ravens QB Lamar Jackson seems almost impossible to stop. The 49ers defense 'limited' the 2nd year phenom to 100 yards passing but he piled on 100 more rushing. I still want to see a little bit more from his arm talent, but Baltimore got a huge win. Also, it might be true that Justin Tucker is the best kicker in the NFL.
2. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (+4) Seattle is 9-1 in one score games this season. I believe this team is Russel Wilson or bust. However, they have beaten San Francisco. Now, they add a convincing win against Minnesota? Head coach Pete Carroll has this team clicking.
3. SAN FRANCISCO 49ers The 49ers impressed me. A game that finished under snowy conditions was really fun to watch. I STILL do not trust Jimmy Garoppolo. That being said, this team is coached by Kyle Shanahan. That means a little, right?
4. MINNESOTA VIKINGS (-2) Dalvin Cook was nicked up in the third, but he has still been really good. I am still VERY high on Skol because of Kirk Cousins playing well. I have to be fair, though. I expected Minnesota to win. They didn't.
5. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (-1) Despite another win, there is still a MISSING report for Alvin Kamara. Also, beating Atlanta and Tampa Bay is not great. I mean, Falcons already blew out the Saints and ALMOST used Young-Hoe Koo to onside kick back into the game. New Orleans is vulnerable, but I ain't done yet.
6. BUFFALO BILLS (+3) Okay, I know beating Dallas is not as impressive as it would have been earlier this season. Again, I have to be fair. QB Josh Allen has exceeded pre-Draft expectations. Devin Singletary is a nice, energetic running back. Frank Gore is still chugging. On top of that, the defense has been nasty.
7. GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers really played well against a PATHETIC Giants secondary, but credit is due. It's alarming though, that Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams both had pedestrian performances again. Green Bay has a high ceiling when all phases click.
8. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (-3) Tom Brady finally showed a little zip on his passes, but HOLY COW! He was 24/47... Are you kidding me? It is also not a good sign that Houston scored 28.
9. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS It is one thing to beat the Raiders. It is a whole other story to BEAT THE SNOT out of the Raiders. Patrick Mahomes made magical throws again. I am still skeptical a team can out muscle Kansas City. Raiders rookie Josh Jacobs rushed for 105 in a blow out.
10. HOUSTON TEXANS (+3) Deshaun Watson might be the second best quarterback when he's consistent. He can extend plays and make amazing throws. It is also amazing that the Texans have a solid run game. Houston is going to be tough.
What are your thoughts? Tweet me @Michael12oz to engage with this article or the show! Reminder that Mike Said It First airs Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 AM EST only on www.12ozsportsradio.com!