We all love to overreact week by week on players and coaches. And I’m not one to overreact. Well, I’m making an exception with this article. I’ll be doing this every week. I’ll have three tiers to this. Need to be fired, Heating up, and Cooling off. Hopefully your coach never makes this list.
Need to be Fired
Sean McDermott- Buffalo Bills
- In his two years the Buffalo Bills have a combined -91 point differential. That is terrible
- Yes, the Bills beat the Vikings. I believe that to be a fluke.
- The Bills rank 29th and 24th in points scored and allowed. That's not going to get it done.
Bill O’Brien- Houston Texans
- The Texans are 0-3.
- His offense is putting up plenty of yards.
- The Texans offensive line isn't good enough to protect DeShawn Watson enough for them to score points. They are 23rd in league in points scored.
Jason Garrett- Dallas Cowboys
- He is a former back-up quarterback. You would think he would run an offense that suits the team.
- The Cowboys are currently ranked in the bottom three in yards and points scored on offense.
- They have a top 5 defense that spends too much time on the field.
- Cowboys fans won't let him survive another 4-12 season
Todd Bowles- New York Jets
Since he arrived the Jets have trended down not up like you would like to see. You are a defensive minded coach and you allow a rookie come of the bench and beat you. Last year the Jets ranked 25th in yards allowed. He has to have a successful 4th year or I think he will be gone
Mike McCarthy- Green Bay Packers
Unless Mike McCarthy can magically start calling a balance run/pass game. Then I think it’s time to part ways with him. He is wasting the talent that is Aaron Rodgers. And if the Vikings figure out how to comeback and win the Division. I believe Packer fans will be ready to let him go. In all honesty, the Packers will have to miss the Playoffs with a healthy Aaron Rodgers before anyone would consider firing McCarthy.
Hue Jackson- Cleveland Browns
The Cleveland Browns with good coaching and play calling down the stretch would easily be 3-0.The Browns have talent now but I don't think Hue Jackson and his coaching staff can coach winning football in the fourth quarter.
Jay Gruden - Washington Redskins
The Redskins are 2-1 and should be 3-0 if they would have showed up on a road game in Indianapolis. They ranked in the top ten on offense and defense. They are playing sound football. If the Redskins keep this up he will keep his job.
Adam Gase- Miami Dolphins
The Dolphins are off to a hot start. Who thought that they would open the season 3-0. I sure didn't. If they can pull off the win this week against the Patriots then I believe he will be thrust from the fire able list to the Coach of the Year conversation. The Dolphins rank 11th and 6th in points scored and allowed. That doesn't sound right does it?
Marvin Lewis- Cincinnati Bengals
Going into every year without a playoff win, I wonder how Marvin Lewis still has a job with the Bengals. He has been there since 2000. Yes, the year after the Ravens won the Super Bowl. He was the Defensive Coordinator. This year the Bengals have played pretty well. They are 2-1 and in the thick of it for the Division and the Conference as a whole. They are doing it a little differently this year. The Bengals always seem to have a fierce defense. This year they are doing it with offense. They are 6th in the NFL in points scored.