Good evening! I told you there would be more College Basketball action. Starting today, I will be debuting three players to watch in each Division 1 conference. This way, when you see these names come up near tournament time, you know who they are cause Big Wahl told you all about them!
Elijah Olaniyi, Forward, Stony Brook
- Incoming Sophomore, known as a "diamond" in the rough American East conference. Has a chance to catch the public eye this year with his very quick scoring ability.
- Almost a 55% shooter last year from the 2 point line. Has the ability to slash inside and cause havoc.
- Will need to improve on his free throws, shot better from the field last year than at the free throw line (53.4%).
Anthony Lamb, Forward, Vermont
- 33% of his games went for at least 20 points last year. Shot extremely well against a dominant Kentucky team, which means he can play against the best of the best outside the American East.
- Not great size, but has the ability to get inside with ease and can shoot the 3 pointer if needed.
- Will see his full potential with a full season of games this year, will be something to watch in the American East to see if Lamb and Vermont can make another tournament run like in years past.
John Carroll, Forward, Hartford
- An Irish superstar, over 51% of his games last year went for at least 15 points, and 21% of his games went for 20+ points. Has shown great improvement in his shooting.
- Has not had under 10 points in a game since January 21, 2018. Was scoring at will his whole Junior season, how much better can he get?
- Can he lead the Hartford Hawks to a NCAA Tournament berth? They have a great chance this year with his leadership at the helm to get their 1st ever NCAA Tournament berth in Division 1.
Next up Tomorrow: The American Conference Preview
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Follow me on Social Media!
Twitter: @thebrickwahl87 and @DTPROCESS1 (12 Oz Sports Page)