We now are closing in on conference 4 of 32, the Atlantic Coast Conference. I will be looking at three players that you need your undivided attention on this College Basketball season and in the future NCAA tournament, the NIT, etc. Enjoy!
Kyle Guy. Guard, Virginia
- An undersized guard from that Tony Bennett offense that took a lot of heat for the loss to UMBC in last year's tournament. Has improved his consistency already this year, although has taken less shots per game than in previous years. Will get more opportunities once ACC play starts, I guarantee it.
- A 3 point deep threat. This kid has a wicked shot and is an extremely dangerous catch and shoot player if left open beyond the arch or just inside the line.
- When given a chance to drive the lane, Guy has a great way of placing a teardrop over the heads of his taller defenders which gives him an knack for scoring on anyone from anywhere. Will be be a threat as Virginia will overcome adversity and get the UMBC Terriers loss out of their head permanently from last year.
Terance Mann, Guard/Forward, Florida State
- Had an opportunity to take in one Terance's games last year in Nashville at the NCAA Tournament.. Plays a lot longer than the 6'6 size that he really is. Not afraid to go to the rim and slam it home but also can shoot the 3 occasionally, which i would like to see more of this year to improve on the 25% he made from 3 last year.
- Creates space on his dribble drives to place a great shot near the rim. Definitely a Guard/Forward combo in Leonard Hamilton's offense which leads him to develop a more inside presence.
- Just over 20% of his games last year went over 20 points, I would like to see that number rise to 25 or 30% as NBA scouts take a more in depth look in Mann's game this upcoming year.
Zion Williamson, Forward, Duke
- Well, after witnessing Zion in that Kentucky game, it's easy to say this kid is a freak of nature on the floor. Although its early, I cannot wait to see this kid in ACC action to see how he throttles his competition.
- Clearly a one and done and a definite 1st pick in next years draft, I believe if we can get an 70%+ shooter from Zion to end the year, this could prove him to be the best one and done and most NBA ready player we've ever seen in College Basketball.
- I know it's hard to find a weakness in Zion, but with how high he can get over the rim on offense, I would like to see more than 3 blocks per game from him this season as I know he is one of the greatest leapers in College Basketball currently.
Next on Deck: The Atlantic Sun Conference
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Follow me on Social Media!
NEW Website: https://destroytheprocess.wordpress.com/ New clicks appreciated!
Twitter: @thebrickwahl87 and @DTPROCESS1 (12 Oz Sports Page)