Welcome back College Football Bettors. I want to apologize for my 2-4 record last week on the picks, I dropped the ball. But I PROMISE I will make it up to you this week with my slate of games below. Enjoy your weekends of Football, and TRUST the Picks cause Big Wahl will be 6-0 eventually, it may even be this week!
Army at Eastern Michigan, Saturday 10/27, 12:00 PM, CBS Sports Network
Wahl's Money Line is On: Army +105
- Oh the craziness in Ypsilanti! Army are small time dogs against Eastern Michigan. If I'm looking at the last seven games between these two, Army has won this game more than 85% of the time. That could mean a steak dinner for you or dinner for your wife when she least expects it!
- In comparison: We are looking at Eastern Michigan who is #111 in the country against the run. Army is the direct opposite, absolutely pounding the run game and #2 in the country at doing it.
- Owning the clock. Army owns every Power 5 team in clock ownership. Their offense is #1 in the country for amount of time on the field. It's pretty easy for the defense when they only have to be on the field only 33% of the game.
Florida at Georgia, Saturday 10/27, 3:30 PM, CBS
Wahl's Spread is On: Florida +7
- One reason why I like the Gators in this match is their record against the spread this year. Their ATS record (6-1) matches their overall record, which in the world of sports betting is a very good sign.
- Florida's passing defense beats the subpar year Jake Fromm has had this year. You may have heard me say prior to his LSU game in Week 7, if the Tigers can get pressure on him, he could have a long day. Was I right? Did it happen? It sure did. If the Gator pass defense (#9 in the country) can get that same pressure LSU did, Fromm may have the same problem this week. Also, he's missing two of his offense lineman this week.
- With the spread at one touchdown, this give me a good kick that the Gators could come out on top in this game and even if not, they will keep it close. It'll be a low scoring game.
Wahl's Spread is On: Kentucky +7.5
- On the Road Again: The Wildcats are having a wild year at 6-1 going into week 9. The Cats away from Kroger Field in the last 12 games have covered the spread over 66% of the time against a subpar Missouri team.
- Benny Snell Jr. has been the difference for this Kentucky team. When you give him at least 20 carries, you expect the Cats to win. When you don't like against Texas A&M, you lose. Kentucky has been great ATS in big games this year, so take the touchdown and a half against the Tigers.
- Defense is Kentucky's hidden surprise. Their defense is 2nd in the country in points allowed (12.86 per game) If they can eliminate Drew Lock from scoring (which his year has been not great), UK has the advantage with having a great year out of Josh Allen (8 sacks, 3 Fumbles Forced) a leader of their defense.
Tulane at Tulsa, Saturday 10/27, 7:00 PM, ESPNU
Wahl's Money Line is On: Tulane +110. Calling this the TUL Bowl!
- The Tulane difference is turnovers. Tulsa is almost dead last in the amount of turnovers this year (#125 of 130 teams in FBS) Tulane although their offense hasn't been spectacular, will not turn the ball over in this game.
- Tulane's rushing attack vs. Tulsa's sub par rush defense (#109 in the country) the Green Wave power of what I call the Mean Green 2 of Bradwell and Dauphine gives you a one, two punch in the mouth on the ground game.
- Although it's hard to see in the Green Wave passing game, on the road this season Tulane is averaging 16.14 yards per pass, which is in the top 10 in FBS on the road. Although they aren't passing for tons of yards, it shows they can make the big plays when it counts. Make the Green Wave (without the ocean) in Tulsa! Take that Money Line.
Click - NCAA Football Tickets
Wahl's Spread is On: Navy +23.5. Yes, I love the our Armed Forces and I love them against the spreads this week!
- In the last 10 games against the Fighting Irish, Navy is 60% against the spread. Fasten your seat belts, the Midshipmen are ready to cover the number!
- Big stat here, Notre Dame is #87 in the country on the road against the rush, not a great stat especially when the Midshipmen have the #3 best rushing offense in the country. This is what will keep Navy under the 23.5 points.
- In the last 5 games (every year they play Notre Dame) Navy looks even better at 75% against the spread. This game is definitely on my watch radar this weekend!
Wahl's Spread is On: Texas -3
- Texas plays well when travelling to Stillwater. I like the 75% against the spread in the last five games when travelling to Boone Pickens Stadium.
- Texas can stop the run very well on the road this year. They are allowing under 3 yards per carry on the road (top 15 in the country) If they can stop the pass as well, they should show why their the number 6 ranked team in the nation!
- I'm a big trend guy. Texas has done nothing but trended up since their only loss to Maryland. Oklahoma State has lost 3 of their last 4 games with that only win being the armpit program which is Kansas Football. Hook the Horns on the spread!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Follow me on Social Media!
Twitter: @thebrickwahl87 and @DTPROCESS1 (12 Oz Sports Page)