Greetings College Football Bettors! It's the Week 8 edition of Big Wahl's Big 6 Picks. You will see 6 games that I recommend betting on in College Football this week. Let's go 6-0 baby! Cash in that money and afford that steak dinner you've always wanted.
Cincinnati at Temple, Saturday 10/20, 12 Noon, ESPNU
Big Wahl's Spread to Take: +3.5 Cincinnati
Why would I take this Big Wahl?
- Cincinnati has been one of the best teams in college football ATS this season at 5-1, covering the spread over 83% of the time. Although this game is at Temple, it's strange to see a 6-0 Bearcats team as the underdog in this game. They've been on fire this year.
- Temple's defense is 91st in the country against the rush. Cincinnati has been running the ball with ease all year averaging almost 256 rushing yards per game (9th in the country)
- Road ATS for Cincinnati in their last 5? 80% of the time the Bearcats have covered the spread.
Bowling Green at Ohio, Saturday 10/20, 2:00 PM, ESPN3
Over/Under is set at: 69. Take the Under (although I say life is too short to take the under, just take this one time)
- This game has a history of going under. Over 71% of the last seven games between these teams the score has gone under. Both of these teams would have to get 5 touchdowns each in order to get the over, I don't see that happening in Athens. My Bobcat friends from Ohio University would say"Athens Happens" but I don't see the over in this game.
- Scoring wise, these two teams rank 80th and 40th in the nation in scoring. With that being said, don't expect this game to be a basketball score.
- The public is jumping all over the Over on this (63%), I think they will be shocked on Saturday at 2 PM when this game goes Under!
Minnesota at Nebraska, Saturday 10/20, 3:30 PM, Big Ten Network
Big Wahl's Spread to Take: +3.5 Minnesota
Why would I take this spread Big Wahl?
- I'm jumping all over the Golden Gophers on this one. Nebraska is 0% ATS in their last 5 games at HOME. Scott Frost is probably wishing he had his job back at UCF already this season. The Cornhuskers stink against the spread!
- After watching Minnesota keep it close for the bulk of the game against the Buckeyes last week(lost by 16, but covered the spread) I have faith in this Gopher offense that if they can avoid turnovers on offense they not only will cover the spread, but will go into Lincoln and get a win against an already on edge fan base.
- The public loves Nebraska ATS at over 50%, take Big Wahl's pick and do not touch the Cornhuskers in this game.
Over/Under is set at: 74. Under all day, Memphis is a high flying scoring offense, however I think they will struggle against the SEC, even if Missouri is an armpit SEC team.
- Memphis like the Under in their last six games. They've gone under over 66% of the time in their last six this season. Surprising for a high scoring offense.
- On defense, Missouri is allow 30 points per game in the SEC, against Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina and other perennial powers of the SEC.
- Drew Lock is not the Drew Lock from last year that threw 44 touchdowns. About halfway thru the season, he has 12 touchdowns which puts him about 20 touchdowns short from last season. What does that mean? Mizzou is not putting up the points they had with Lock at QB last year.
Oregon at Washington State (College Gameday Home), Saturday 10/120, 7:30 PM, FOX
Big Wahl's Money Line Pick: Oregon +135
- Key to this game: Leach's boys from Wazzau are #127 in the country in rushing on the season. Oregon's pass defense must stop the pass (#1st in the country) to win this game in Pullman.
- Justin Herbert will need to prove his potential Heisman candidacy in this one. The Ducks are coming off a huge win against Washington, and could complete the sweep of the State of Washington with a win over the Cougars. If Herbert can throw for 250+ yards in this game the Ducks got it in the bag.
- Wazzau is #9 in the country for having the most defensive penalties in College Football. The jitters for the Cougars hosting their first ever College Gameday game (surprising I know) may get the defense off to a rough start in the penalty department and cause Oregon to move the ball closer to the end zone and get Justin Herbert multiple easy touchdowns.
Big Wahl's Spread to Take: +5 Old Dominion
- Despite being 1-5, Old Dominion is ranked inside the Top 20 in passing in the country. Blake LaRussa has been passing the ball well since their absolute shocker win at Virginia Tech. Look for that to be a factor in this game. Also, the Hilltoppers are outside the top 100 allowing more than 13 yards per pass completion on defense.
- Western Kentucky is #125 in the NCAA in scoring at a pathetic under 18 points per game overall. It's hard to see a scenario where Western Kentucky's offense contributes a bunch of points in this game and a defense that lost to the Maine Black Bears of the Colonial Athletic Conference at home which should have been a cupcake win. Best loss this year? losing by 3 to a mediocre 2-5 Louisville team that has been awful during the post Lamar Jackson era.
- Western Kentucky is #128 in the country in rushing at HOME. Any team that can't get rushing yards in their own stadium, cannot be trusted by the bettors of the great game of College Football.
Let's smell the cash and go 6-0 this week! Good luck!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Follow me on Social Media!
Twitter: @thebrickwahl87 and @DTPROCESS1